Wild Wisdom Wander: Dancing in Nature’s Wheel
Saturday, May 1
9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Beaver Brook North Trailhead, Floyd Hill, CO
Venture into a pristine, secluded natural environment where you will integrate the directions and the seasons to welcome balance and harmony within you. By exploring what the mystics say about the “Cosmic Wheel of Nature” and creating our own, we will explore how to dance in this wheel with equilibrium. As we move in the fresh air, experience soul-healing connection with nature, and share with others in a supportive environment, we will root into the wisdom that Nature’s “wheel” offers us now. We will also be practicing Qoya-inspired movement during this wander. Qoya is a body-based movement practice based on the simple idea that through movement, we remember our essence as women is wise, wild and free. The movements in Qoya reflect these themes: Wise—movement connected with breath, Wild—the experience of moving the way your body wants to move, and Free—the freedom to find pleasure in our bodies without focusing on how they look. We reclaim our capacity to access our inner wisdom, express ourselves authentically, and practice being true to ourselves in the midst of life’s blessings and challenges. The very best thing about Qoya is that there is no way to do it wrong, and the way you know you are doing it right is that it feels right to you! Maria from Walking Inspiritus and Jennifer, from Remember Your Wings, will lead your experience as you:
- Take time to immerse yourself with the healing sights, sounds and smells of nature.
- Walk and be with the land through guided meditations to activate your intuition and help you gain insight
- Reconnect with nature and let its wisdom shed light on your inner knowing through reflections and journaling
- Experience yourself as Wise, Wild & Free as you practice Qoya outdoors
- Connect and share with others on the welcoming lap of Mother Earth
- LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS