Manifesting like a Border Collie

Meet Nalu the Border Collie, my manifestation teacher. I spent some quality time with her last week while visiting my oldest daughter and her fiancé in Montana. While everyone else was doing other things, Nalu and I went for a hike.

For the entire 5-1/2 miles on the trail, she waited expectantly for me to throw her a stick, she retrieved it, she laid it down in front of me and then waited expectantly again. When we stopped, she jumped into the river and waited expectantly for me to play “the splash game” where I kick up water and she tries to bite it. 

I estimate Nalu spends about 60% of her awake hours eagerly waiting and the other 40% getting exactly what she wants. My manifestation guru!

There are many teachings about manifestation, or attracting what we want in life, and a common theme is getting out of your own way. What I mean by that is resisting the very natural, very human tendency toward fear-based thinking. Those conscious or unconscious thoughts like, “What if I don’t really deserve to have____?”, “I’m not powerful enough, spiritual enough, _____ enough to manifest”, or “What if my dream never comes true?” Note that these thoughts don’t seem to occur to Nalu. She wants a stick thrown or water splashed in her face or for someone to pet her, she waits, and she receives.

To attract what we want, we must expect to get it. This requires clarity about what we truly desire and flexibility about when we receive it. It assumes we deserve to get it, not because we are a good person or we have achieved a high level of spirituality, but simply because we want it. Not a selfish desire, like “I want to win the lottery so I can be rich,” but a desire framed in terms of the greater good, such as how having more money could help me live my Divine purpose.

One of my yoga students recently gifted me a personalized guided manifestation process rooted in the Sufi tradition. One of the steps she guided me through was visualizing myself achieving my desire as if it had already happened. That way, I can match my current vibration to the vibration of where I want to be, creating the perfect energetic environment for attracting. I’m pretty sure dogs have that down.

I’ve also learned to tap into the way I expect to feel when I have received what I desire. So, each time I get quiet and tune in, I picture myself living the exact life I want, and I connect with how I will feel. That’s the easy part.

What’s more difficult for me is to catch myself before falling into the fear cycle, that glass half-empty mentality that wants me to focus on all of the barriers to receiving. But now when I notice myself there, I’ll think of my friend Nalu. I’ll wait with an open heart. Expectantly.

Share with others....

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on google
Google+
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
Jennifer author box circle 300x300

Jennifer Reeve

Jennifer works as a healing guide by teaching Qoya and yoga, facilitating moon circles and providing energy healings and readings. Her aim is to help people connect with their Divine essence through movement, meditation and time in nature. Her work is guided by the belief that the feminine voice, power and magic are needed on earth now more than ever before!

Be informed...

Subscribe to receive updates on current events.

I respect your privacy. Your information will not be shared and you can easily unsubscribe at any time. 

Latest posts...

How to hold hope and fear

Over the weekend, I started a novel called Midwives which has caused me to reminisce about my own pregnancy 20 years ago. I so clearly recall the fullness of being at the precipice of an irreversible change and the effort it took to hold the opposite emotions of hope and fear.  I feel pregnant with hope and fear today because of the impending birth of a new world. And still, I struggle to hold both feelings. On the one hand I am brimming with excitement that we are moving toward a time where we honor the sacredness of all beings and lead

Read More »

Contact

Jennifer Reeve

Jennifer@RememberYourWings.com

720.530.1100

Scroll to Top