AWAKE Evergreen Wellness Festival
The AWAKE Festival was a beautiful weekend of connection and expansion!
I was at the festival all weekend offering Intuitive Healings as well as giving a talk Sunday at 10 a.m. on how to heal your own energy. Here are the notes from that talk.
Keep Your Energy Vibrating High to Stay in the Flow
Presentation at the AWAKE Evergreen Festival
Sunday, October 3, 2021
We are more than our physical bodies.
- We and all things are energy, therefore we can direct our own energy.
- How do we optimize our energetic system so that we can be in our most expansive vibration, in the flow, regulate stress, support our physical health?
- Working with the 7 best-known chakras, we can use breath, movement, visualization and nature to keep them balanced and clear.
- The key is SLOWING DOWN & tuning in, TRUSTING SENSATION, LETTING GO of goals.
- Nature is our mentor. Can we BE with nature without goal or purpose other than connecting and learning?
Here are some techniques anyone can use!
Establish a grounding Cord—a place for heavy energy to go
- Sense a cord connecting from your tailbone all the way into the center of the earth.
- It can be anything you want, a tree trunk, flower stem, column of light, etc.
- Make sure it is connected securely to your body and also to the center of the earth.
- Allow the cord to be as wide as your body.
- Sense any heavy energy you would like to release dropping down the cord into the center of the earth where it is alchemized into wisdom.
Body Scan—You can sense energetic imbalances through your body
- Connect to your breath and notice sensation
- Try not to judge, just notice what feels sore, tight or off
- You may be able to correspond the feeling in your body to one or more of the major chakras
Chakras: Our energy centers.
Root Chakra–Muladhara, Root Support
Stability, basic needs, security
Body parts: legs, feet, bones
When out of balance: scattered, ungrounded, money worries, lethargic, depressed
Mantra: I root to rise
Movement: Yoga-inspired, Mountain to Goddess pose
- Stand with feet about hip distance apart, firmly rooted to earth, but not gripping
- Arms by your side, elbows soft, pinky fingers rotated in toward your body, relax shoulders
- Feel your legs engage, knees stay soft, slow breaths
- Open feet wide, toes point out (duck feet)
- With straight legs inhale, reach fingertips to sky
- Exhale, bend knees out to side, feel feet firmly root into earth, elbows bend & palms shine forward. Shoulder blades squeeze toward each other.
- Inhale, rise, arms reach up. Exhale, root into Goddess.
Nature mentors: The ground, trees.
Sacral Chakra–Svadisthana, One’s Own Place
Pleasure, flow, creativity, sensuality
Body parts: hips, sacrum, inner thighs, sexual organs
When out of balance: highly emotional, overly indulgent, stuck, resistant to change, stuffing emotion
Mantra: I follow the flow
Movement: hip circles
- Feet wide as in Goddess yoga pose
- Start with tiny circles of the hips as if you are circling the tailbone
- Allow (do not force) your circles to grow larger, knees can bend deeply
- Hands on low belly or let your arms play
- This can also be done seated
Nature mentors: Bodies of water, especially moving ones
Solar Plexus Chakra–Manipura, Shining Gem
Energy, courage, will
Body parts: Ribs, adrenal glands, digestive organs
When out of balance: feeling unworthy, passive, tired, controlling, dominating
Mantra: I shine radiantly
Movement: Side stretches
- standing or in chair, lift one arm out to the side and over head, palm facing down.
- Take care not to collapse into the side that is bent in.
- Also gentle twists if your back allows.
- Also yoga “breath of fire”
Nature mentors: Rocks, mountains, also fire
Heart–Anahata, Unstruck (sound made without the touching of two objects), Unhurt
Love including self-love, compassion, expansion
Body parts: Heart, lungs, breasts, shoulder blades
When out of balance: codependent, attention seeking, guarded, fear of intimacy
Mantra: I open to love
Movement: Robins’ Breath
- Seated position. Hands in prayer, thumbs touch sternum, inhale here
- Exhale, with palms together extend arms long and tuck chin
- Inhale, open arms wide, lift chin, lift up through front of heart
- Exhale, arms extend again, palms together, focus on opening back of heart (shoulder blades)
- Inhale, to hands in prayer at heart, then exhale here
Nature mentors: Sun, fire, ground
Communication, self-expression, purification
Body parts: Throat, neck, shoulders, mouth, ears
When out of balance: shy, fear of saying the wrong thing or being “seen”, over-talking, loud
Mantra: I speak my truth
Movement: Neck rolls/lion’s breath
- Ear to one shoulder, pause for a breath
- Chin down, breath pause
- Ear to other shoulder, breath pause
- Sit with spine straight, soften shoulders
- Tip chin up on an inhale
- Then level head, open mouth and stick tongue out as far as possible, exhaling with a sigh/roar
Nature mentors: Wind, winged creatures
Third eye–Ajna (Ag•nya) Perceive, Command
Insight, guidance, wisdom
Body parts: Eyes, forehead, pineal gland (regulates melatonin & female hormones)
When out of balance: Thought loops, unfocused, denial, closed-mindedness
Mantra: I see clearly
Movement: Eye yoga
- Sit with spine straight, soften shoulders, chin level
- Move eyes only (not head) to right, up, left & down
- Do it in opposite direction as well
Nature mentors: Moon, plants, animals
Crown–Sahasrara, Thousandfold Lotus
Connection to Oneness, awareness
Body parts: head, brain, nervous system
When out of balance: Disconnected, doubting, materialistic, self-centered
Mantra: I connect to all that is
Movement: Open crown, top of head circles
- Sit with seat grounded or stand with feet grounded
- With each inhale imagine the crown of your head opening—3 inches, then 6 inches, to all the way open
- Breathe in celestial energy through this opening in the top of head
- Gently circle top of head in one direction, then the other, starting with small circles and growing them larger
Nature mentors: Sky, stars & other celestial bodies
© Jennifer Reeve, Remember Your Wings 2021