The new moon rises in Aquarius on Friday, Feb. 9, providing an opportune moment to pause and set intention for the next moon cycle. The Aquarius archetype teaches us to embrace our uniqueness–our truth–and to use our particular gifts to serve the collective. I believe we are being called to move forward in Love, so bolstering our ability to stand in our power, to stop playing small, and to speak our truth is imperative!
I’ve set aside some time for myself at new moon time to connect with Aquarius energy to practice ritual and set intention. Aquarius is an air sign, carrying masculine (focused, action-oriented) energy. Here are the practices I will use, and I’m happy to share them with you!
- I’ll stand outside and connect with the air element. How does it feel on my skin? What feels nourishing? Uncomfortable? What wisdom does Air have for me at this time?
- I’ll set up a simple altar that honors the air element and the throat chakra–the energy center that corresponds with speaking our truth. The throat chakra color is blue, so I will use a blue scarf as the base and light a blue candle. I may add some blue crystals and feathers.
- Seated near my altar, I will practice lion’s breath to open my throat chakra. Also, to call in the heart and courage of the lion archetype. Here is a short tutorial on Lion’s Breath: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVZYEv7U3Hk
- Closing my eyes and focusing on long deep breaths, I will check in with my guides and my higher wisdom to receive any messages related to speaking my truth and offering my gifts. I may also pull an oracle card for guidance.
- I’ll jot down any sensations, emotions, messages in my journal and from this I will craft a simple intention.
What practices will you use to set intention this new moon? Email me at email@example.com to share!
Want to explore some tools for seeing with greater clarity and awakening your inner power? Contact me for intuitive guidance, healing and spiritual mentoring: RememberYourWings.com.